Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every day, we aim to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work.
We are creating Kite together, with the recognition that the best teams are built by the best people. We maintain an attitude of curiosity, and creativity with each challenge as we develop a new market for cancer therapies. We appreciate and respect one another, and most importantly, we don’t take success for granted. While we’ve come a long way to make what others viewed as impossible, possible, we know one thing is certain. Today is just the beginning.
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individuals to join our Summer Internship Program! As an intern at Kite, you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about cell therapy from some of the brightest minds in biotech while making a meaningful impact. We’re committed to developing early talent, and we welcome motivated individuals with a passion for transforming the way cancer is treated. The program also offers the opportunity for networking within Kite and Gilead, social events with fellow interns and Kite leadership as well as career development trainings while providing competitive compensation and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
The intern will have the opportunity to support the design, readiness, and deployment of enterprise systems (in particular Kite Konnect) in support of launch readiness for global markets in LATAM and APAC. You will also have the opportunity to interact with global and local cross-functional partners.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Gather global market specific business requirements for key enterprise systems in collaboration with other Kite /Gilead personnel
· Support working sessions with key affiliate market partners for requirements gathering
· Collaborate with key vendor partners on the iterative design, build, and deployment of enterprise systems to the market affiliates
· Participate in global launch readiness working sessions and sync on timelines with key partners and dependencies as needed
· Must be at least 18 years or older
· Must be currently enrolled in a full time Graduate Degree program at an accredited university/college
· Must have completed at least one year of study at an accredited university/college prior to internship commencing
· Must be enrolled in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship
· Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between June and September
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without Kite sponsorship
· Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
· In the process of completing the first year of a Master in Business Administration (MBA), or Master’s program with emphasis in pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
· Proficiency in a foreign language
· Experience working with global clients (e.g. APAC, LATAM) and deploying platforms to international customers or global settings
· Familiarity defining business requirements for enterprise systems and potential implications (tactical and/or strategic)
· Enterprise software implementation or technical consulting experience
· Familiarity with Agile methodology
· Ability to work cross- or inter-culturally
· Experience working cross-functionally and empathizing with different team members
· Experience working in a regulated environment, particularly the pharma and life sciences industry
· Background or a solid appreciation of working with the Salesforce platform
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite
· Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
· Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
· GMP enterprise technology experience in pharma/healthcare industry will be a bonus to have
Only candidates who apply via www.kitepharma.com/careers/careers-at-kite will be considered.
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.