Auto Desk Appraiser
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Our Auto Desk Appraiser investigates, evaluates, and appraises damaged automobiles of varying conditions and settles this portion of the claim within an authorized dollar limit. This position will report to the Henderson, NV office.
- Examines first and third-party vehicle damage.
- Follows the company photograph guidelines to verify the identity of the vehicle and to thoroughly document current condition/damage, prior damage, vehicle options, etc.
- Prepares accurate written appraisal to determine and verify the extent of vehicular damage.
- Ensures adherence to claims procedures and guidelines prescribed by the company to produce a high-quality work product.
- Negotiates repair prices with repair facilities and secures agreed prices for repairs.
- Maintains a list of company-approved part suppliers and uses these firms whenever possible/applicable to control the cost of repairs and to ensure quality work.
- Negotiates settlements in a timely manner as assigned.
- Ensures equitable and fair payment of physical damage losses within authority granted.
- Obtains all necessary documentation to substantiate the appraisal and/or settlement being offered.
- Returns completed appraisal to the handling office no later than 24 hours after inspection.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1+ years of experience in automobile appraising required.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must have good planning and organizing skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Some positions may require specific bilingual skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively deal with conflict.
- Successful completion of specific courses is required to remain in this position.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.