Calling anyone interested in pursuing a meaningful part-time or full-time career serving kiddos and young adults experiencing special needs! Jacob’s Ladder Neurodevelopmental School & Therapy Center is looking for strong, self-motivated individuals to join our team.
- Extensive training, continuing education, and clinical oversight/support provided. You can do this!
- Learn and implement our interpersonal, whole-brain model of care within a culture of hope, truth, and love.
- Harness the proven power of neuroplasticity for the beautiful benefit of our Jacob’s Ladder families — both locally and globally.
- Part-time and full-time schedule opportunities available. M-F. 8am-5pm. 8am-1pm. 8am-3pm. 1pm-5pm.
- Implement programming within our accredited private school serving pre-k through 12th grade, or within our therapy center serving all ages — either on our Roswell campus or Buckhead campus, or within families’ homes locally.
- Components of evidence-based therapeutic disciplines such as neurotherapy, integrated listening therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, recreational therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, animal-assisted therapy, music therapy, and art therapy — grounded in science and guided by love — all in one place, with unmatched continuity of care.
- Join a team who will. not. quit. until we see every kiddo, young adult, and their family *thriving*.
- If you’re passionate about ensuring healing for adoptive and foster families, for example, through trauma-informed intervention and relationship — join us!
- If you’re dedicated to ensuring access to care for families throughout the world living in areas with otherwise limited financial and therapeutic resources — join us!
- If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow and step into various clinical or operational leadership roles throughout the organization — join us!
We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to serve in varying capacities across Jacob’s Ladder.
More about us:
Jacob’s Ladder is a non-profit, SAIS-SACS accredited, private school serving pre-k through 12th grade students, as well as a therapy center serving infants through young adults. Our students are often experiencing academic, social, emotional, and behavioral challenges rooted in neurodevelopmental and physiological health.
Our Interpersonal Whole-Brain Model of Care has been refined over nearly three decades by the latest research in neuroscience, and by our own depth of experience walking this journey hand in-hand alongside thousands of families both locally and globally. We incorporate what we believe to be the best aspects of therapeutic disciplines such as speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreational therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, relational and behavioral therapy, music therapy, art therapy, and animal-assisted therapy.
Our campuses are very intentionally places of peace, beauty, joy, and healing – and, all that we do on a daily basis is informed by our core values of Hope, Truth, and Love. The moment families step foot into Jacob’s Ladder, they experience a tangible sense of belonging and wellbeing that continues throughout their time with us.
We welcome students transitioning from a variety of different prior educational settings, often serving as an effective alternative to residential intervention or as a step-down and aftercare solution. Our incoming families complete a Comprehensive Evaluation, qEEG, and Nutritional Consult – resulting in a Comprehensive Report, qEEG Analysis, Nutrition Plan, and Program Design specific to their child’s unique challenges and goals.
Communication is profoundly important, and incorporating the entire family is essential to ensuring integrity across all areas of life. Jacob’s Ladder offers a number of wrap-around services, to include in-home and crisis support, continuing parent education and training, Neurofeedback, iLS (Integrated Listening Systems), and family counseling.
Incorporating a student’s care community in an effort to create continuity of care is also paramount. As an example, our team collaborates with a student’s existing providers on the frontend to ensure a successful transition, and provides clear and copious data to a student’s psychiatry and medication management team on an ongoing basis.
Within Jacob’s Ladder, families will find they are surrounded by a team who loves and supports them unconditionally. Whatever is successful here on campus, we wholeheartedly believe can be successful within the home and throughout every area of life.
Come see and feel where HOPE resides!
- Work directly with special needs client, implementing individualized program design, and providing loving and safe environment
- Consistently and effectively implement interventions designed to create health and organization on a foundational level neurodevelopmentally, and to improve communication, independence and self-help aptitude, intrinsic motivation, socioemotional skills, gross and fine motor skills, and academic education through brain-based methodology
- Communicate effectively and professionally with client’s family and with Jacob’s Ladder teammates
- Remain perpetually dedicated to creativity and innovation in an effort to keep each unique client motivated to learn and engage
- Ensure accurate data reporting across a variety of modalities in order that client’s programming may always be kept up-to-date with their current highest challenge point
- Prepare for, attend, and participate meaningfully in treatment team meetings
- Please come with a willingness to love and serve clients who utilize a wheelchair or gait trainer, who demonstrate aggressive or non-compliant behaviors, who utilize receptive or minimally expressive communication, and who require full assistance with most activities of daily living
Desired Job Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Able to lift children up to 50-100 pounds
- Ideally education or experience in teaching, behavior intervention, and interacting with people experiencing special needs
- Ideally CPR Training, First Aid Training, CPI Training (Jacob’s Ladder will provide these trainings alongside training in our Model of Care if a candidate does not already possess them)
- Medical, dental, vision, and other benefits offered
- Partial employer contribution for medical benefits for full-time employees
- Paid-time off allotment and pre-scheduled, paid vacation time throughout the year for full-time employees
- 401k plans
If you would like to learn more about Jacob’s Ladder, please feel free to visit our website at www.jacobsladdercenter.com, or to reach out to our Admissions & Outreach team at 770.998.1017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.