The Institute for Intergovernmental Research (IIR) is founded on the mission to create and deliver dynamic solutions for our criminal justice partners and communities, achieved through the passion and hard work of each member of the IIR team. If you are energetic and dedicated to delivering quality programs and services to meet this mission, you will find that IIR is a great place for you. IIR’s values are integrity, innovation, and relationships, and IIR’s culture is defined by excellence, collaboration, and family. At IIR you will be part of a team of dedicated professionals who continually apply their talents to achieve and deliver results for our clients. Expect to be challenged, grow professionally, and have your contributions recognized. We promote teamwork internal and externally and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. We demonstrate our commitment to employees though our outstanding benefits package and generous leave time including.
- Paid annual, sick, and holiday leave
- Outstanding insurance coverage
- Flexibility to allow employees to work from home or office
- Rewarding work that makes a tremendous national impact
See the IIR career page to learn more about working at IIR and the programs IIR supports: Careers (iir.com). It is an exciting time to join IIR. Our employees are the secret to our success and future.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
The training coordinator for the Law Enforcement Safety and Wellness group is responsible for providing logistical support for the development and delivery of law enforcement training, technical assistance, and educational products.
- Assist with the development of documents and outreach products and training and technical assistance products
- Ensure appropriate inventory of project literature for distribution to clients
- Draft meeting agendas, course descriptions, and other training-related materials
- Coordinate, facilitate, and manage logistics related to on-site and/or virtual training class delivery
- Coordinate logistics related to delivery of live Web-based events
- Receive, organize, and track on-site and/or virtual training class and Web-based event registrations, including facilitating class interaction and coordination of course materials within the Learning Management System
- Prepare training materials for scheduled classes and ensure that all materials are transmitted to participants and/or packed and shipped to training sites
- Maintain administrative files and related learning management system files for training classes
- Work with outside agencies to coordinate joint training efforts
- Communicate with attendees, instructors, and cohosts, as needed
- On occasion, provide on-site coordination for meetings and events
- On occasion, document meeting proceedings; may conduct post-meeting follow-up
- May process and administer evaluation of event activities
- Other duties, as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of two years’ related work experience or a combination of education and professional experience to equal four years
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen to interact with many different departments and decision makers within and outside the organization
- Strong personal and professional values
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time management skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Most work may be performed virtually. Tasks may include preparing shipments of materials from IIR headquarters in Tallahassee, Florida, requiring the lifting and transporting (with or without reasonable accommodation) of shipment boxes typically weighing up to approximately 50 pounds. Occasional visits to the warehouse may be required. This position may require occasional travel.
Candidates who have accepted an offer will be required to submit to a background investigation, including criminal history, employment history, educational history, and personal and professional references.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by managers, as appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and IIR reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as appropriate.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.