A primary goal of Underwriting is to develop competitive pricing that balances the needs of IHG with the needs of the customer. This goal supports our 2025 Corporate Strategy to Grow and Diversify by optimizing growth expectations. Additionally, Underwriting is dedicated to investing in talent through training and development initiatives that are essential to the growth of our business and associates.
Underwriting provides a structured internship program that includes but is not limited to the following:
- Instruction on basic underwriting concepts
- Participation in the large group renewal process (the intern will be assigned a large group renewal and follow the process through to completion.)
- Shadowing experience within multiple Underwriting departments.
- Shadowing experience within the Actuarial and Sales departments concentrating on their interactions with Underwriting.
- Shadowing experience with an AmeriHealth company’s Underwriting department.
- Interns will be assigned a special project based on emerging business needs.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Teams and Power Point preferred
- Strong math skills
- Preferred Majors: Math, Finance, Risk, Insurance or Healthcare Management
This job requires that you demonstrate you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of employment, to the extent permitted by law.