At Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, we believe you can do anything.
With opportunities in fields like quality control and maintenance, all the way to finance, human resources and team relations, there’s not much you can’t do at HMMA.
“Team built. Team strong.” is more than just our motto, it’s our way of life and the key to our success. Our diverse, family-like atmosphere is one of our most valued qualities.
No prior automotive experience is necessary. At HMMA, learning and development go hand-in-hand with building high quality cars. We’ll train you with everything you need to know to be a successful member of our team.
Our team members enjoy industry-leading benefits such as:
- Competitive wages and bonus potential
- 15 paid holidays, 3 personal days, and 10 paid vacation days
- 93% Company paid Medical, Dental and Vision for Team Members and their family effective your first day!
- 28 paid days off (depending on date of hire)
- 401(k) savings plan with immediate company matching
- Discounts on new Hyundai vehicles
- Tuition assistance program available
- Fitness center, onsite cafeterias and free team wear
Your future awaits. When can you start?
Position Summary: Position works with General Counsel to oversee the operation of Legal & Compliance Sub-Division. Performs various special projects in matters relating to Legal counselling, supplier legal matters, government affairs reporting, and reports to executives.
- Work with General Counsel to oversee the operation of Legal & Compliance Sub-Division.
- Assist with the development and tracking of department goals and performance.
- Compile data from various sources for special and periodic Legal & Compliance reports (e.g., Legal Complaince’s results and key performance indicators (KPIs)).
- Develop and track Legal and Compliance’s annual budget.
- Process outside counsel legal invoices and other invoices.
- Assist with preparing reports to HMMA executives.
- Arrange department travel and training (e.g., continuing legal education (CLE) registrations).
- Independently handle expense reimbursements.
- Identify and implement technology enhancements to ensure efficient operation of department.
- Assist General Counsel with staffing matters, including overseeing time reports, assisting with vacation requests, overseeing team-building events.
- Organize and maintain all Legal & Compliance electronic files.
- Order departmental supplies.
- Independently handle special projects.
- Assist with government affairs reporting.
- Maintain department’s non-litigation calendar.
- Always display exemplary ethical behavior, including: (1) being free of undue influence and conflicts of interest; (2) strictly complying with HMMA policies and procedures; (3) being honest, transparent, and accountable; (4) report all known illegal or unethical behavior; and (5) protecting confidential information.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management System (BMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), and Safety Management System (SMS) requirements.
- Meet all other requirements as assigned
- Four year college degree preferred
- 0-5 years job related experience
Skills / Knowledge:
- MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint
Additional Information: Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.