Summer Internship for May-August 2021 at Highmark Health with a primary area of focus on Finance, Legal, Data Science, and Strategy Consulting.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has the goal of providing the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to the related business line(s) and to develop the next generation of diverse business professionals. To that end, the program will provide hands-on training and experience in the business line, expose the various career opportunities in the business line and related areas, and prepare participants for positions in the business.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Pursuance of a graduate degree full or part-time in an accredited college or university.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while interacting directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
- Under supervision, provide professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Undertake and/or participate in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
- As specifically requested by management, conducts research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.