Nashville Diaper Connection
Job Summary *
The Volunteer and Partner Engagement Leader (Leader) incorporates a passion for recruiting and building relationships with volunteers and partners into action for Nashville Diaper Connection, which improves community access to diapers to ensure every baby in Middle Tennessee has enough diapers to remain clean, dry, and healthy.
The Volunteer and Partner Engagement Leader serves with a 30-member cohort of community-focused individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between Nashville Diaper Connection and Hands On Nashville, Middle Tennessee’s volunteer resource center.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps program is made possible through the support of the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
Job Responsibilities *
Nashville Diaper Connection is looking for an outgoing, friendly, and innovative Partner Engagement Leader with an interest in event planning, program reporting, and program development. The Leader aids Nashville Diaper Connection by making community outreach events more efficient and effective, which benefits children and infants in Middle Tennessee.
Nashville Diaper Connection is seeking an individual who is well organized, detail oriented, and independent. Over the course of the yearlong term, the Leader helps manage the volunteer and outreach events, completes event reporting, and strategizes ways to enhance the experiences of volunteers and partners. The Leader gains experience with volunteer and event management, business development, community outreach, project planning, and execution and communication strategies.
· Lead and direct in-house weekly diaper-wrapping events, including communication with volunteers and preparing supplies.
· Facilitate off-site diaper distribution events.
· Manage and organize inventory in the warehouse and assist with logistics.
· Develop marketing materials.
· Use NDC social media accounts to demonstrate the impact of the program and highlight volunteer activities.
· Manage and organize data from programs and events.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program is designed for entry-level or experienced professionals interested in a career in nonprofit management. You have amazing skills. We will teach you how to put them to work for the greater good.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Interests
· Community Organizing
· Public Health
· Social Services
· Candidates proficient in both Spanish and English receive preference
· Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 16, 2021 – July 29, 2022)
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Valid driver’s license
· Reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
· U.S. Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
· National Service Criminal History Check clearance