McNeilly Center for Children
Job Summary *
The Community Engagement Coordinator (Coordinator) for McNeilly Center for Children’s nationally accredited early education program will have the opportunity to have a lasting impact in the lives of children and families with barriers to early education access by creating, implementing, and managing a comprehensive volunteer and community outreach program.
The Early Education Community Engagement Coordinator serves with a 30-member cohort of community-focused individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between McNeilly Center for Children and Hands On Nashville, Middle Tennessee’s volunteer resource center.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
Job Responsibilities *
McNeilly Center for Children is looking for an outgoing, highly organized Community Engagement Coordinator with an interest in building relationships and working with community stakeholders to grow volunteers, foster community relationships, and increase outreach. The Coordinator plays an important role in strengthening our mission to give children and families in need a stronger start in school and in life.
The McNeilly Center seeks an individual who has a passion for building relationships and thrives in an environment that requires flexibility, creativity, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate is able to motivate, inspire, and retain volunteers and effectively communicate the agency’s mission. The Coordinator will manage all aspects of the volunteer program, including strategizing ways to enhance the volunteer experience. This individual should be a go-getter in order to facilitate community outreach that builds awareness about McNeilly Center and the importance of high-quality early education. The Coordinator will gain valuable experience in volunteer management, public speaking, community outreach, and project planning and execution.
· Develop a comprehensive volunteer process including creating marketing materials, a volunteer handbook, orientation, and trainings.
· Implement and improve outreach efforts through research and assessment.
· Develop methods and tools for assessing agency volunteer needs and managing interested individual and group volunteers to match them with projects and direct service experiences.
· Create presentations for a variety of constituents on the value of volunteers and highlighting the volunteer experience at the agency.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program is designed for entry-level or experienced professionals interested in a career in nonprofit management. You have amazing skills. We will teach you how to put them to work for the greater good.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Interests
· Community Organizing
· Social Services
· Youth Development
· Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 16, 2021 – July 29, 2022)
· High School Diploma/GED;
· Responsibilities in the position may entail sitting or standing for extended periods of time
· Responsibilities in the position may entail serving in the outdoors and potentially in inclement weather
· Office or service environment may include noisy environments.;
· Valid driver’s license and reliable access to transportation. (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
· U.S. Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
· National Service Criminal History Check clearance
How to Apply *
Please complete the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Application Form. We will contact you within two weeks to let you know if you have been selected for an interview.
· $6,345 education award, upon completion of service contract
· Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
· Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
· Training and professional development in nonprofit management