Florida Blue employees are committed to the values of respect, integrity, imagination, courage and excellence, and to doing business in compliance with the law. Join a high performing team of professionals for the summer and see what it is like to work in one of the country’s leading health solutions companies. This internship will give you a window into the world of compliance, legal, audit and government relations roles. Your career possibilities in these fields are endless as we grow and evolve.
Our interns rave about our campus perks like our athletic facilities, fitness and health center, onsite dining options, and employee activities. We pride ourselves on a culture that embraces flexibility, innovation and diversity. Bring your unique talents and help us advance our mission of helping people and communities achieve better health.
Follow us on Twitter @FLBlue and #WorkWellHere!
- Position is in Jacksonville, FL.
- Begins Summer 2021 and runs for 10-12 weeks.
- Support the attainment of organization and department goals.
- Provide research, development and analysis support to meet the needs of the Florida Blue Corporate Affairs Group compliance, legal, audit and government relations departments.
- Perform assignments within each department in an accurate and timely manner, conduct research, collect, analyze and prepare information and data; coordinate and collaborate across functions and business partners.
- Work under supervision of compliance specialists, lawyers, auditors and government relations specialists and adapt to a dynamic, challenging environment.
- Currently enrolled as a junior, senior, or graduate student
- Pursuing a degree in business, communications, criminal justice, political science, or pre-law
- Cumulative 3.2 or better GPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel
- Good time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration/relationship building and detail-oriented skills
- Coursework that demonstrates analytical abilities and interest, as well as critical thinking
Business Specific Criteria (Preferred Skills):
- Cumulative 3.5 or better GPA
- Understand or have experience in the Health Insurance Industry
We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor VISAs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled