The position is responsible for collaborating in the administration of the Company’s Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) and the corresponding regulations that relate to the safety of our work, for an assigned location in a manner consistent with the code of conduct.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Collaborate with Company team members, owner representatives, regulatory agencies, clinics, medical/testing facilities to ensure effective working relationships.
- Promote engagement with the company safety program and local incident prevention efforts to foster involvement and reduce at-risk behaviors.
- Assist in the implementation of safety-related programs to ensure strategic goals are met.
- Perform and document inspections, observations, and audits to reduce incidents and ensure the health and well-being of our employees.
- Assist in the preparation and performance of safety meetings and training programs to improve knowledge and understanding of hazards and risks relative to work performed.
- Engage in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to assist in ensuring compliance and protecting Company interests.
- Assist in the development and review of job hazard analysis to ensure successful completion of work through identification of hazards and control measures.
- Assist in the investigation and communication of near misses, incidents, and claims to make certain that Company interests are preserved.
- Perform periodic checks to ensure plans, corrective actions, and deficiencies are corrected and documented in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Occupational Health or related field, preferred or,
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in construction or applicable industry with safety-related responsibilities required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal safety and health regulations
- Demonstrate good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, follow through and time management skills
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond swiftly
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
- Motivated self-starter
- Microsoft Office Suite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and must have the ability to work at height, in enclosed or confined spaces and climb stairs and ladders in a construction/plant environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds from floor to waist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions.
- Valid state issued driver’s license
- Travel may be required
- Bi-lingual preferred