The person in this role will serve Citrus, Hernando, Marion and Sumter Counties
Reports To: Director of Membership
The Recruitment Manager is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies to increase girl and adult membership in assigned, established geographic areas based on predetermined goals and objectives.
The person in this role will specifically focus on assigned markets in Citrus, Hernando, Marion and Sumter County. Preference is given for those that reside in one of the four assigned counties.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in achieving the council’s corporate goals for girl and adult membership through implementing membership strategies in assigned areas.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive plan for girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas to meet predetermined goals and objectives by; researching market data, membership trends, diversity benchmarks and other pertinent information relevant to designated geographic areas and through a variety of community cultivation, marketing, and partnering vehicles.
- Prepares action plans to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made, and the rate of conversion, in order to meet membership goal. Using various data reports, including benchmarks, activity, follow-up, and progress toward goals, make tactical adjustments to ensure attainment of goals.
- Works with internal partners and utilizes customer relationship management system to collect pertinent information to efficiently transition qualified leads to maximize “close” rate.
- Cultivates relationships with appropriate community leaders, organizations, educators, faith-based institutions, and businesses to support recruitment efforts within targeted areas to positively impact membership growth.
- Develops and manages a core of recruitment volunteers to identify and assist with community recruitment efforts including rallies, school/church relationships, speaker’s bureau, community relations, corporate relationships, and alumni engagement.
- Create recruitment events that effectively educate and excite prospects about the mission and engagement with GSWCF.
- Ensure that adequate girl and adult opportunities are created and available to meet market demand via contributing to the opportunity catalog.
- Develops pre-planned recruitment activities that can be easily implemented by volunteers using proven and replicable techniques.
- Regularly evaluate the return on investment of recruitment activities.
- Collaborate with community leaders and use market segment data to achieve diversity goals.
- Skilled at identifying constituent priorities and developing benefits statements based on the Girl Scout value proposition that will “close the sale”.
- Effectively ties the mission of Girl Scouting to specific racial/ethnic groups to build membership diversity relevant to the area population.
2. Works interdepartmentally to ensure Council goals are met.
- Works with cross-functional team to determine or develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies.
- Identifies marketing/advertising/public relations opportunities that will effectively and efficiently promote the Girl Scout brand and enhance recruitment efforts and works with the Marketing Department to implement the marketing communications plans.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, equivalent related work experience.
- Outside sales or similar experience, 1-3 years.
- Community cultivation, membership marketing, and volunteer management skills.
- Knowledge of market analysis including preparing comprehensive market plans.
- Ability to interpret and use market plans to develop and implement strategies and tactics to achieve membership goals.
- Effectively communicate with persons of all racial, ethnic, social and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to speak Spanish desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Automobile and telephone necessary, along with documentation of required automobile insurance and safe driving record.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds without difficulty.
- Knowledge and acceptance of beliefs, policies, safety procedures, and principles of the Girl Scout movement; willing to register as a member of Girl Scouts of the USA.
Starting Salary: $37,500.00 annualized
GSWCF is an equal opportunity employer