SUMMARY: The purpose of the George’s internship is to gain real world experience during a 10-week period in areas such as Plant Operations, Live Operations, Human Resources, Culinary Innovation, Sales, etc. The Intern provides support in an assigned functional area. This position performs a variety of assignments that offer practical experience and broad exposure to the George’s organization. Interns are considered to be an integral part of the team and are provided with tasks that are both challenging and educationally stimulating.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Perform entry level professional and/or technical duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for professional training in the assigned business unit or functional area.
· Perform assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. Accompanies senior level staff on assignments as appropriate.
· Complete a variety of developmental assignments in assigned area under the direction of one or more senior-level staff.
· Contribute individually or as part of a team to support the designated business unit. Assist with problem solving to maintain operational excellence.
· Work towards goals and objectives and participates in special projects as defined and assigned by leadership.
· Active participation in developmental activities and community relations event(s) required.
· Manage a project during the duration of the 10-week period to improve overall departmental performance or address specific business needs related to assigned location. A presentation of outcomes to leadership team is required at the end of the program.
This position will not have supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
o Enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Agriculture, Poultry Science, Animal Science, Food or Culinary Science, Finance, Accounting or related field
o Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
o May be required to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or business
o Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship is required