The Legal Due Diligence Analyst will be a part of a team that focuses on the legal review of underlying investment funds (hedge funds and private equity funds). Responsibilities include the review and analysis of fund governing documents, abstracting key legal terms and conditions, preparation and negotiation of various legal agreements, including side letter agreements, client correspondence, and project management. The right candidate must possess strong writing, organizational and analytical skills, display superior attention to detail and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Review, analyze and organize governing documentation for underlying hedge fund investments, including offering documents, limited partnership agreements, memoranda and articles of association and subscription agreements.
- Identify and analyze legal issues, prepare written memoranda of key terms and conditions and highlight issues for presentation to senior management.
- Draft and negotiate various legal agreements, including, but not limited to, side letter agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Understand and articulate the terms and conditions of the Grosvenor funds’ investments.
- Monitor and ensure proper data integrity and analysis of underlying hedge fund liquidity.
- Abstract the key terms and conditions of underlying hedge fund documentation into Grosvenor’s proprietary databases in order to aid in investment decision making.
- Liaise with external hedge fund managers and law firms regarding various issues.
- Interface directly with external clients by (i) preparing and reviewing client reports and communications related to legal terms and conditions, fees and liquidity and (ii) implementing customized client requirements.
- Collaborate with internal company departments, including Investments, Portfolio Management, Finance and Client Services.
- Create and update process tracking and other data logs as required.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Legal Review and Structuring sub-group of the Legal team.
- Participate in and take the lead on special and recurring projects and report results to management.
- Routinely handle confidential information and apply strict sensitivity in the dissemination of this information.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with certain internal policies and procedures, including proxy policies.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Undergraduate degree (or expected degree in May 2021) with a superior grade point average.
- 0-3 years of business experience in the financial or legal services industry. Neither a paralegal certificate nor prior work in the legal industry is required.
- Proficient in SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, changing environment and to balance multiple, concurrent projects.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle changing priorities pertaining to work flow.
- Proven ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Excellent work ethic and high degree of professionalism.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organization, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy of final product.
- Highest degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to manage tasks and projects independently from start to finish.
- Strong analytical abilities.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.