As a member of the Consultative Analytics team, you will drive quantitative insights to improve results for our clients and claimants. You will benefit from hands-on training from company leaders. Success in the role will lead to high potential for a full time offer after graduation.
Who we are
Gallagher Bassett is a for-profit company with a positive social impact. We help injured workers get back to health (and back to work) faster, cheaper, and with less administrative burden. In broader terms, we’re a company of experts navigating the complex world of insurance claims management so that our clients can focus on their own businesses. GB has over 5,000 employees, with
operations in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand. We believe in diversity and inclusion.
What We Can Offer You
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Challenging, thought-provoking work (typically a data-driven research project)
- An emphasis on your professional growth – through training, mentorship, and hands-on experience
- Competitive pay
Interns on the Consultative Analytics team will typically be given one primary project for the summer, along with several smaller
projects to build select skills. Past projects have included:
- Identifying drivers of medical treatment quality, using a proprietary data set of ~7 million medical procedures that have been evaluated for compliance with evidence based medicine guidelines
- Understanding how specific practices and policies influence GB’s ability to return injured workers to health and to work
- Collaborating with industry experts to identify drivers of claim risk, and developing a tool to drive focus on risky claims
- Studying the impact of narcotics on claim outcomes, and developing a strategy for highlighting potential overuse
Projects are designed to gauge the ability of the intern to:
- Answer complex questions by generating hypotheses and quantitatively testing them
- Present insights from analyses to clients and/or executive team
- Conduct primary and/or secondary research to identify required data to solve a given business question
- Build tools/technology corresponding to above responsibilities
- Enrolled toward a bachelor’s degree or higher, with strong academic credentials
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Bonus if you possess enterprise analytics skills (e.g., R, Python, SQL, SAS, Power BI, Tableau); however these skills are not required and can be taught on the job
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Proof of unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States is required. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents.
- Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon:
— Online application
— Successful completion of a background investigation
— Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
— Execution of Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation,
confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher Believes in Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity/expression, actual/perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This includes recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified persons with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our