GAINESVILLE CITY SCHOOLS
The Gainesville City School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in any of its employment practices, educational programs, services or activities.
School BasedFLSA STATUS:Exempt
REPORTS TO: Principal
SALARY SCHEDULE:APPROVED (Board): PAY GRADE:
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of Principal
1. Professional Knowledge: The teacher demonstrates an understanding of the curriculum, subject content, pedagogical knowledge, and the needs of students by providing relevant learning experience.
2. Instructional Planning: The teacher plans using state and local school district curricula and standards, effective strategies, resources, and data to address the differentiated needs of all students.
3. Instructional Strategies: The teacher promotes student learning by using research-based instructional strategies relevant to the content area to engage students in active learning and to promote key skills.
4. Differentiated Instruction: The teacher challenges students by providing appropriate content
and developing skills which address individual learning differences.
ASSESSMENT OF AND FOR LEARNING
5. Assessment Strategies: The teacher systematically chooses a variety of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment strategies and instruments that are valid and appropriate for the content and student population.
6. Assessment Uses: The teacher systematically gathers, analyzes, and uses relevant data to measure student progress, to inform instructional content and delivery methods, and to provide timely and constructive feedback to both students and parents.
7. Positive Learning Environment: The teacher provides a well-managed, safe, and orderly environment that is conducive to learning and encourages respect for all.
8. Academically Challenging Environment: The teacher creates a student-centered,academic environment in which teaching and learning occur at high levels and students are self-directed learners.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNICATION
9. Professionalism: The teacher demonstrates a commitment to professional ethics and the school’s mission, participates in professional growth opportunities, and contributes to the profession.
10. Communication: The teacher communicates effectively with students, parents or guardians,district and school personnel, and other stakeholders in ways that enhance student learning.
11. Cares about our children.
12. Perform other related duties as required
- Qualifications:Valid Georgia Professional Certificate in Assigned Teaching Field
- Effective oral and Written Communication Skills
Routine physical activities associated with typical office setting. Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling and repetitive fine motor activities. Vision, hearing and verbal communications are essential functions of this position.
REQUIRED DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employee must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function of the position. When appropriate, reasonable accommodations will be provided to afford persons with disabilities an opportunity to perform the essential functions of the position. Employees are expected to attend all required meetings as approved by the supervisor. The incumbent will adhere to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission’s Code of Ethics for Educators, all Gainesville City Board of Education policies, administrative regulations, school system procedures, and all other applicable professional performance criteria. Maintenance of criminal history check is required for all employees.