Fujitsu at a Glance
Fujitsu is a leading information and communication technology (ICT) company, headquartered in Japan, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 132,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers.
We are a corporate culture that places great value on the pursuit of new possibilities previously unimagined and brings them to fruition has been the foundation of the Fujitsu’s success since its inception. In an increasingly competitive world, in which the pace of change continues to accelerate, Fujitsu must strive for continuous innovation. Each and every employee will rise to the challenge of creating new value amid changes in the management environment, technology, society and the marketplace. With a spirit of challenge, we are committed to the continuous creation of new value. Fujitsu wants innovators like you!
FNC is soliciting applications from qualified candidates, for the position of Research Scientist, in the Advanced Technology Laboratory (ATL), located at Richardson, TX. ATL researchers are conducting leading-edge research enabling network digital transformation through advanced photonic technologies, innovative solutions for software and services.
The research scientist would conduct leading-edge research and develop practical solutions in the broad area of network design, control/management and automation. This position requires a candidate with strong background in networking, algorithms, and be interested in developing prototypes to demonstrate feasibility of new solutions. One of the focus areas is applying ML/AI in network automation, so any experience in this area is preferred. A demonstrated research capability through publications in major conferences/journals. Experience with using open source software including contributions would be a plus. Good verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Conduct research in advanced networking technologies (Optical, Packet, Wireless), related to design, control/management and automation of networks
- Demonstrate innovative research ideas and evaluate technical feasibility through prototype development
- Track emerging technologies and analyze the trends, explore, and investigate new research areas including the application of AI/ML in networking
- Work with business unit to transfer research results into new product offerings
- Collaborate with researchers both internally and externally at universities on exciting research problems
- Patent novel ideas/concepts, Publish research results in top technical journals and conferences
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related disciplines
- 1-3 years of research experience in networking area (Optical, Packet, 5G Wireless)
- Strong knowledge of networking algorithms, experience with machine learning applications for networking is a plus
- Demonstrated research track record through publications in major technical conferences and journals
- Strong software programming skills, Hands-on experience with machine learning tools/frameworks (e.g. Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.) and/or networking related open source software
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal/written communication, and presentation skills