The Treasury Analyst role is an entry level position that monitors daily cash management transactions, reports cash operation activities, and executes borrowing/investment transactions. This position works to maximize the organization’s liquidity and to prepare accurate cash flow projections. The Treasury Analyst assists management with the development of bank relationships, determination of short-term cash to be invested, and anticipation of short-term borrowing needs. Cash Management
• Analyzes, monitors and reports the company’s daily cash position to ensure liquidity to cover financial obligations and determine daily cash balances available for investment.
• Reviews daily cash transactions for accuracy and to minimize expenses, decrease risk, and resolve cash issues in a timely manner.
• Maintains account balances and prepares required documentation for approval to execute wire transfers, move fund and make investment transactions to balance company’s daily cash position.
• Posts daily cash activities and processes miscellaneous deposit items for corporate bank accounts.
• Reviews and shares discrepancies with managers financial systems to ensure cash transactions are accurately reflected in financial reporting.
• Documents, recommends and implements cash management processes to enhance cash and liquidity management systems/process processes.
Supports Financial Institution Relationship Management
• Interfaces with Accounting for bank general ledger upload, journal entry differences and general trouble shooting.
• Attends meetings with financial institutions to discuss needs and potential relationships.
• Interfaces with Legal to prepare required documentation needed to establish and execute contacted agreements. 30%
Forecasting and Reporting
• Determines company’s cash position and assist manager with forecasting.
• Anticipates short-term borrowing needs and communicates them to management.
• Prepares daily, monthly and quarterly reports, recommendations, and scorecards for management.
• Uses automated models with appropriate documentation to effectively manage cash and liquidity.
• Prepares ad hoc reports and responds to cash management and investment requests.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams to improve cash management and forecasting.
• Assist with month-end close process to ensure financial results are complete and accurate.
• Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
• Assists internal audit in documenting cash management process walkthroughs, controls, policies, and procedures to comply with internal / external audit controls and model governance.
• Assists with systems and process implementations.
Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Accounting or related field of study Req
1+year of finance, accounting or treasury experience Req
Retail, franchisee, restaurant, food or beverage industry experience Pref
Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge in building financial models, including intermediate excel skills
• Working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting models/processes
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with extensive skills in MS Excel
• Working knowledge of deFacto Plus/Microsoft Dynamics AX (or similar) general ledger module
• Working knowledge of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
• Ability to build, organize, and retrieve reports using Hyperion Essbase/Smartview financial reporting application and BI360 suite(or similar software)
• Ability to understand, anticipate and respond effectively to the needs of stakeholders (e.g., internal and external customers, etc.) in a timely manner
• Ability to develop and maintain positive business relationships (e.g., customers, 3rd party vendors, other departments, etc.) and foster an environment of mutual respect, understanding, trust, and support
• Ability to synthesize and analyze multiple data sources to create clear charts and reports for business leaders
• Ability to communicate in clear concise language; to demonstrate active listening while supporting others
• Ability to quickly define issues, identify appropriate action, and coordinate and track progress to resolution
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment under time constraints; able to effectively prioritize work and ensure critical deadlines are met