We are seeking a well-qualified individual for a Graduate Intern role in our Project Management Office in any FINRA location. The Summer Internship Program runs from May 17, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
FINRA’s Project Management Office is seeking a summer intern to assist with developing a short-term and long-term reporting strategy and providing data analysis and data visualization services across projects and programs to inform key stakeholder decisions. The Project Management Office primarily supports large, complex business transformation projects and other strategic initiatives, thereby enabling Member Supervision to more effectively and efficiently achieve FINRA’s mission of investor protection and market integrity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the development of a long-term data and reporting strategy for the Project Management Office; including the analysis of underlying data sources, development of standardized reporting templates, and process for routine and non-routine reporting production.
- Provide data analysis and data visualization activities across projects and programs supporting the Office of Member Supervision and Core Programs’ groups; including the development of requirements, coordinating with data owners when necessary, and creation of appropriate documentation of synthesis and conclusions.
- Responsible for ensuring that the data is accurate to ensure the highest level of data integrity over analysis and data visualizations produced.
- Assist with preparation for presentations and meetings.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by management.
- The ideal candidate will be majoring in Business, Data Science, Information Management or a similar degree requiring data analysis
- Ability to understand what data is important, analyze data and identify trends from data
- Candidates entering their final year of undergraduate studies are preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e., Power BI, Tableau, etc.) is preferred.
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Effective communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with others to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Work is normally performed in an office environment.