Through hands-on experience as well as observational and mentorship activities, the IT Intern in Business Solutions will have the opportunity to learn about several aspects of Information Technology and delivering business technology solutions that enable strategic business priorities.
In this role, the candidate will have opportunities to collaborate directly with business leaders and subject matter experts, along with a variety of IT colleagues.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide hands-on business application support and/or project support services within a business solutions team aligned to one of Exact Sciences business functions.
include but are not limited to the following:
· Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
· Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
· Regular and reliable attendance.
· Perform business analysis in support of application changes or new application development.
· Lead small work efforts to deliver technology changes.
· Complete data analysis, data mapping and data validation activities.
· Perform application configuration tasks.
· Provide project delivery support and participate in project team meetings; contribute to decision-making and risk assessment activities.
· Act as a problem solver to drive successful completion of assigned tasks.
· Establish positive working relationships with team members, vendors and IT customers and colleagues.
· Friendly and positive demeanor with a desire to demonstrate the high standards of customer service.
· Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
· Ability to travel between facilities in the metropolitan area as needed.
· Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
· Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Actively pursuing educational advancement through a secondary or post-secondary institution.
- Appetite to learn; general business acumen.
· Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology and an interest in pursuing a career in information technology.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.