We are looking for 2 motivated students to join our marketing team for the summer. You will be doing meaningful, substantive work in marketing and/or consumer insights at an exciting, mission-oriented edtech startup.
Emile is a seed-stage, venture-backed edtech startup creating the most engaging online learning experience for high schoolers. We have started with AP courses but will be expanding beyond AP courses later this year. Our vision is to develop a global community of learners who are no longer constrained by where they were born or the resources available at their school in order to have access to high-quality education.
What You’ll Do
- The exact scope of your internship will be determined at the time of your interview / start, based on your skillset, interests, and team needs
- Example projects include:
- Conduct consumer insights and market research – scoping the research objectives, designing the method, analyzing qualitative and quantitative to better understand our current and prospective students
- Help develop our content strategy for channels like TikTok, Blog, and Instagram
- Work independently or with a partner to own and pitch and test out new channels (e.g., Promoted TikTok, Snapchat, Google Ads)
- Support the team on establishing a solid SEO / SEM foundation
- Learn real marketing and business skills and receive mentorship and guidance from our amazing founding team with backgrounds across Harvard, Penn, Amherst, McKinsey, Coursera, Uber, etc.
What You Bring to the Table
- Self-starter mindset with ability to learn and take ownership independently, but also knows when to ask questions and ask for help
- Passion for education and marketing
- Strong interpersonal skills and maturity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to keep track of tasks, projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail; spelling / grammar / proofreading and editing skills
- Technical skills in MS-Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Google office Suite, Notion
- Optional but huge plus: previous marketing or customer research experience, especially in analytics and creatives production (Adobe suite, Canva, video editing)
This internship is for-credit only, with potential to be promoted into a paid hourly contractor role that may continue through the school year (two of our part-time contractors have followed this path; others have gone on to great companies like TikTok, Uber, OpenDoor, Chipotle, Oracle). Expected commitment is 20-30 hours per week, depending on your availability and project load that we will align on at the beginning of the summer. Our team has a strong culture of mentorship and career development, and we will be committed to your personal and professional development beyond your day-to-day job.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may come from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.