What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
• Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
• Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
• Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
• Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
If you are a Computer Science/IT/MIS Student looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, Ohio location, you should have a broad range of IT knowledge which is ideal for, ranging across hardware, software, network, telephony, and A/V areas. Your projects may include aiding in management of projects associated with the IT Strategic Plan (Mobile Development, Service Catalog Development, IT Intranet, BCC Efforts, Social Media R&D, IT Customer Care Program), as well as assisting with Reporting Analysis of the Clarity Project Management tool data. You may be required to analyze issues experienced by internal customers and make the needed configuration changes. You may also be expected to assist IT Engineering support teams in troubleshooting and maintaining computers with engineering specific software and hardware. (Multiple Positions Available)
AS A COMPUTER SCIENCE, IT, MIS CO-OP, YOU WILL:
• Work on IT Mobile Apps
• Help with testing, overseeing the offshore development, or using prototyping tools to assist with design
• Design & develop IT graphs, reports, dashboards & presentations
• Develop and test new tools being implemented such as IT Walk Up Service Kiosk for end-users and Service Desk customer satisfaction metrics systems
• Configure computers with engineering software
• Troubleshoot software and hardware
• Report details back to manager
WHO YOU ARE:
You try different solutions for problems and learn from the results. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You prepare content for communication that is impactful.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field
• Able to work 40 hours a week during the scheduled semester
• Familiar with the operating systems of a computer
• Legal authorization to work in the United States – Sponsorship for this role will not be provided
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Management Information Systems
• Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
• Sophomore or higher class status preferred
• The candidate must have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
• Must have excellent writing skills (grammar & spelling), problem solving skills, data analysis & reporting skills, verbal communication skills, organization skills, customer service skills and leadership skills
• Other key aspects include being able to multi-task, pay superior attention to detail, willingness to take ownership, being self-motivated and being creative
• Ability to quickly load additional software or troubleshoot existing software is a plus
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive match, fitness center, holiday pay and an online wellness rewards program. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area’s generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.