Educator’s Ally is a highly personalized search and placement agency connecting educators, administrators, and senior leaders with independent schools throughout the country. We are assisting private/independent schools with their searches for part-time and full-time Middle and Upper School History Teachers for the 2020-2021 school year.
Successful candidates will:
- B.A. or B.S. in a History-Social Science field; graduate degree or commensurate experience preferred.
- Prior classroom teaching experience required: middle school is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development in both subject matter and pedagogy.
- Committed to academic excellence, interdisciplinary learning, exceptional teaching, and providing a dynamic climate for lifelong learning.
- Incorporates appropriate and varied methods, materials, and technologies into teaching.
- Utilizes challenging, thoughtful, fair, and varied tools appropriate to the objectives of the course for evaluating and assessing student progress, performance and proficiency.
- Maintains a culture of care and respect for a diversity of opinions; inspires students to be risk-takers and collaborators who are enthusiastic about learning.
- Treats students equitably, is sincerely interested in them as individuals, and responds to their needs.
If you are a seasoned independent school teacher, have a familiarity with independent schools or are interested in teaching in a private day or boarding schools throughout the U.S., we encourage you to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time