The Early Learning Coalition of Northwest Florida, Inc. (ELC) is seeking a dedicated Staff Accountant to join its Finance Team. Candidates should embody positive attitude, accountability, respect, and teamwork.
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Advanced knowledge of Accounting principles and general ledger concepts
· Ability to review and post accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
· Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
· Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Advanced knowledge of multiple accounting software system, preferably Microsoft Office (Excel) and Abila MIP
· Ability to perform office and accounting duties accurately and efficiently without supervision
This position is responsible for managing and/or performing accounting function tasks, including but not limited to general accounting, account reconciliation, payroll processing, audit preparation, month reporting, etc. Manage bank accounts to ensure cash availability for disbursements. Manage AP and recurring invoices. Manage AR and review bank reconciliation.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline and 1 year prior accounting experience or
· Associate’s degree in Accounting or related discipline and 3 years prior accounting experience.
· Supervisory experience preferred.
· Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and current automobile liability insurance policy.
· The selected candidate will be required to submit and pass a local and national background screen and pre-employment drug screen prior to their date of hire.
Job Type: Full-time