Central Coast Marketing Department
Hospitality and direct to consumer experiences dedicated to showcasing our wines of extraordinary quality that express the terroir of California’s Central Coast. We strive to offer elevated wines, centered experiences, dynamic programming and content to effectively engage guests and create lifelong consumers.
Founded by brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo in 1933 in Modesto, California, E. & J. Gallo Winery is the world’s largest family-owned winery and the acclaimed producer of award-winning wines and spirits featured in more than 90 countries around the globe. A pioneer in the art of grape growing, winemaking, sustainable practices, marketing and worldwide distribution, Gallo crafts and imports wines and spirits to suit a diverse range of tastes and occasions, from everyday offerings to boutique, luxury bottlings
The Central Coast Hospitality and Direct to Consumer Internship Program is searching for appropriate candidates to fill the 3-month positions within our department. Interns will learn Direct-to-Consumer, Events, Trade Hospitality, and Merchandising business in a fast-paced hospitality environment. Interns will rotate through these departments to gain an in-depth understanding of theWinery’s guest experience and hospitality models. As a member of the Hospitality group, interns will:
• Participate in product training to learn the Gallo portfolio.
• Represent the company at various functions and events.
• Assist with daily tasting room operations, including increasing wine sales and inventory.Learn and execute the consumer tour experience for Gallo’s Central Coast Properties -Edna Valley Vineyard, Talbott Vineyards, and Bridlewood Estate.
• Support Trade Hospitality efforts with regard to planning, setting up and executing Trade guest experiences that are best in class.
• Assist Trade Hospitality and Events Supervisor in hosting Edna Valley Vineyards and Bridlewood Estate guest experiences.
• Create and present a final project that highlights your work.
• Other related projects as necessary.
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in the following majors OR have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in the following majors:Business,Ag Business, Marketing, Communications, Hotel/Food and Beverage Management, Tourism, Sales, Public Relations, Wine Studies, Culinary Arts or Hospitality.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Required to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
• Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
• Requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
• Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a bachelor’s degree in Business, Ag Business, Marketing, Communications, Hotel/Food and Beverage Management, Tourism, Sales, Public Relations, Wine Studies, Culinary Arts or Hospitality.
• Previous work/internship experience in hospitality.