Dow is currently seeking exceptional Undergraduate Engineering students for Internship/Alternating Term Co-op opportunities in Operations. Our Internship/Alternating Term Co-op (ATC) opportunities in Operations (Manufacturing, Engineering and Environmental) include a broad range of responsibilities in a variety of different work settings. Internships are available for any school term and Dow encourages students to apply for a work term other than summer. Alternating Term Co-op positions can begin in any semester as well, with a target of at least three terms before graduation, with additional co-op terms contingent on the end of term evaluation results and job availability. All work terms are a minimum of 12 weeks with a maximum of 14 weeks in duration. The majority of the positions are available in Louisiana, Michigan and Texas. Limited positions may exist in other sites in the United States.
Some Dow facilities are positioned near navigable waterways and are deemed TWIC® facilities as per the Maritime Transportation Security Act. Please review this FAQ on TWIC® credentialing and acceptable documentation. If placed at a location that is deemed a TWIC facility, the successful candidate must be willing and able to adhere to the TWIC credentialing requirements.
The variety of positions available at Dow can include:
- Chemical Engineers – plant operation, plant maintenance and reliability, process engineering, or plant improvements.
- Mechanical Engineers – plant operation, plant maintenance and reliability, plant improvements hardware design,, or process engineering.
- Civil Engineers – hardware/facility design and construction or site improvements.
- Electrical Engineers – plant operation, plant improvements, power distribution, or design of chemical production and power generation facilities.
- Material Science/Metallurgical Engineers – plant maintenance and reliability analytics, continuous improvement, or systems engineering.
The majority of our Intern/Alternating Term Co-op positions are expected to be available in locations such as Louisiana, Michigan and Texas. Other limited positions may exist at other sites in the United States.
- Rising College Sophomores (Dec 2023 – Aug 2024 Graduates) – Intern or Alternating Term Co-Op Opportunities
- Rising College Juniors (Dec 2022 – Aug 2023 Graduates) – Alternating Term Co-Op Opportunities
- Enrolled in an ABET accredited program
- Commitment to relocate anywhere in the U.S.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding work ethic and leadership potential
- Active participation and leadership in extracurricular activities and on-campus organizations
- Previous internship/co-op experience is a plus
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, or Material Science/Metallurgical Engineering
- Must have a minimum overall cumulative 2.700 GPA with a preferred GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.000 scale) at your current university.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Reliable attendance is an expectation of every Dow employee, therefore student must be able to provide their own reliable transportation for the work assignment.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.