Job Title: Strategy Analyst – Unpaid Internship Department: Strategic Development
Reports to: Dr. Kareem Moncree-Moffett Location: Chicago, IL- Remote
The Strategy Analyst Intern will receive training and guidance as you learn about researching and securing new funding opportunities, develop & submit proposals for foundations and government entities, financial based projects, including data collection and financial modeling within the technology services industry. The individual will work on a variety of projects that directly impact Digital Factory technology and business. It is a great opportunity to develop leadership, analytical, and communication skills in a fast-paced and highly supportive environment. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Strategic Development, who will provide training and guidance. This is an unpaid internship.
The length of the internship is 15-weeks with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are:
Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise create brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
This Position Will Entail:
- Assist in strategic development reports and identify opportunities for growth
- Identify & evaluate prospective funding sources through partners,government databases, and secondary research on the internet
- Prepare and submit applications for Foundation and Government Funders
- Work across cross-functional team to assemble information and submit applications by due date
- Work with the Strategic Development team on researching and forecasting funding opportunities
- Identify, lead and/or support all capital raising efforts and investment opportunities
- Support department projects and initiatives with financial needs
- Help with identifying cost saving opportunities
- Assisting with due diligence efforts
- Assisting in calculating and managing departmental budgets
- Additional projects and assignments will be assigned as required by the company and the manager.
- Current or recent enrollment in an Organizational Development, Business Administration, Public Health, Health Administration, Entrepreneurship, etc. graduate degree program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grant/proposal writing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications. Excel knowledge and skills are required.
- Experience in the business work environment.
- Ability to adhere to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Possesses the ability to work well in a small team and independently.
- Genuine enthusiasm for an interest in working with people.
- Organizational, analytical, research, problem-solving, time management, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills.
- Presentation skills (visual and verbal) for managerial staff outside of the Strategic Development Department.
- The candidate must possess the following characteristics: mature, open-minded, quick learner, self-starter, reliable, and detail-oriented.
- Understanding of the functions of business, outside of the Strategic Development Department
- Experience with project management software
- Government and healthcare industry experience or exposure preferred
- Experience with social media platforms
- Prior experience with start-ups is a plus