At DICK’S Sporting Goods, interns have the opportunity to work with and learn from the leaders of a growing Fortune 400 company. The Communications team creates compelling content to drive DICK’S Sporting Goods’ business, promote and protect its brands, engage teammates, connect with athletes and communities, and build trust with the multiple stakeholders that impact the company’s reputation.
Over the course of this 11-week internship program, the Corporate Communications Intern will get hands-on experience and learn about facets of the communications industry in a creative, dynamic work environment.
What you’ll learn:
· Steps for crafting and implementing strategic communications campaigns
· How to adapt writing for a variety of audiences
· Tools and skills for conducting effective research and analysis
· The ins-and-outs of DICK’S Sporting Goods’ business strategies and the communications industry
· And more!
What you’ll do:
· Own and develop an end of semester intern project
· Draft editorial content for various communications vehicles (eBlasts, Company intranet, e-newsletter, etc.)
· Research and identify new media targets, feature sections, and partnership opportunities
· Participate in brainstorm meetings for communications campaigns, virtual events, and partnerships
· Provide administrative support as needed
· Perform special projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned
Some of your experiences will include:
· Multi day intern orientation to introduce you to the company, the program, Pittsburgh, and your classmates
· Professional development workshops designed to increase your knowledge of the company and the retail industry, as well as develop your business acumen and office professionalism
· Extensive exposure to our senior leadership through our exclusive intern only Executive Speaker Series
· Working a 40 hour work week, Monday – Friday
Skills we are looking for:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to read and write reports, as well as communicate cross-functionally and vertically throughout the organization
· Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and discretion
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Eagerness to learn and quick mastery of new skills
· Ability to balance creative thinking and project execution
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
We look for potential candidates with:
· Graduation date of December 2021 or Spring 2022
· Preferred major(s) in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English or a related field
Start Date: May 17, 2021
End Date: July 30, 2021
Hear more from the hiring manager here!