Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated, proactive student who thrives in a real-time information environment. You are interested in a summer internship in which you will analyze data, research breaking news, and gain experience with office-level operations at a growing tech company. In this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will be to support our Seattle Domain Expert team.
- Complete data-driven projects and research, including an internship capstone project
- Use data analysis tools to find trends and gaps in alerting
- Collaborate and communicate in a team-centric environment on daily priorities
- Monitor and analyze our data feeds and the quality of our signals
- Provide expertise on a particular subject matter to improve our AI models
- Support our operations team with recurring operational tasks
Desired Attributes and Experience:
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a concentration in journalism, international studies, or other social sciences
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, and technology
- Great understanding of social media and/or publicly available data
- Curiosity and desire to learn new skills
- Ability to quickly learn new processes, software, and tools
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foreign language expertise a plus