Interns are placed within the Finance Department for a 10 week immersion in CSX methods and culture. Individuals complete challenging assignments that improve decision-making and financial performance. Finance internships provide an opportunity for candidates to experience what a role in corporate finance looks like, while allowing CSX to actively recruit tomorrow’s best talent.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
Individuals play a key role in completing identified finance projects- such as
- Cultivate relationships with business partners to analyze marketing, operating, and capital projects to understand economic tradeoffs and help make real-time business decisions
- Provide analytical support for operations reviews, resource allocations, and financial valuations
- Help guide the development of short- and long-term forecasts, plans, and strategies.
- Help develop and utilize financial models to quantify benefits and drive sound, fact-based economic decisions
- Consult and communicate analyses through presentations to senior management in the department and business partners from other departments