International Team Member
Vision & Purpose of Role: To help fulfill the Great Commission by growing as a Christ-like leader who lives out your missionary calling by launching and building student-led movements so that every student in your designated scope is given an opportunity to respond to the gospel and become worldwide spiritual multipliers.
Skills and Abilities:
● Live a life of surrender to the lordship of Christ
● Demonstrate a faith-filled learner’s posture
● Dynamic determination, intellectual flexibility, godly character and emotional well-being
● Ability to partner and work collaboratively with others
● Love the Lord by maintaining a consistent spiritual walk through a robust prayer life, regular study of God’s Word, walking in the power of the Holy Spirit and fellowship with other believers.
● Love your team by honoring the norms established by your team and participating in required team activities set by team leader (e.g., prayer, meetings, social events, etc.)
● Learn a new culture by personally engaging with a process to build:
○ Cultural adaptation by carrying a humble posture toward the culture in which you live.
○ Language acquisition according to your Area requirements.
○ Cultural competency by growing in your ability to navigate ethnically diverse settings, both on and off your team.
● Launch and build movements of multiplying disciples:
○ Take the initiative to share Christ with students within your scope through a variety of methods and tools (one-on-one, groups, digital tools, etc.).
○ Engage in personal follow-up and discipleship with new Christians.
○ Equip others so they are sent to launch and build movements of multiplying disciples.
○ Cast vision and invite others to participate with us.
● Line-up resources:
○ Cultivate and maintain a healthy ministry partnership team.
○ Partner with local churches & believers to engage them in the mission.
○ Communicate regularly with your team leader(s) and ISC and submit requested info. (e.g., statistics, financial reports, etc.) in a timely fashion.
● Complete required ministry training (e.g., CORE Training or in-country equivalent) within the timeframe given.
● Build multiplying disciples who pioneer, launch, and grow student-led movements.
● Fruitfulness in evangelism, discipleship, and sending, with an emphasis on in-country and U.S. goals.
”As a religious organization whose purpose and character are primarily religious, Cru may prefer to hire and employ individuals who agree with our religious beliefs and who are faithful to our doctrinal and ethical teachings and practices.”