- Perform mammalian tissue culture on mouse and human cell lines as well as primary immune cells. Thaw and expand cells for large scale in vivo studies
- Maintain a wide variety of suspended and adherent cell lines at once
- Cell culture media preparation, cell banking and testing
- Assist in all areas in support of cell culture and related duties as required including stocking, tracking inventory, material movement, filling out log sheets, and other special projects
- Perform calculations necessary for determining cell doubling time, cell concentration, seeding density, molarity, etc.
- Assist in writing, revising, and improving project records, cell culture records and logs, SOPs, training materials, protocols, reports, and other required documentation
- Troubleshoot technical process, cell culture issues, and equipment problems.
- Work in a dynamic, team-based environment and coordinate with other departments. Collaborate with other departments such as in vivo, biomarker, quality, logistics, in order to support the manufacturing activities
- Ability to work independently and in and across teams consisting of members with different degrees of knowledge or ability
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Adherence to Quality System Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or related area with at least 3+ years relevant experience in cell culture
- Experience with maintaining a variety of adherent and suspended cell lines. Experience with primary immune cells is a plus
- Comfortable with maintaining a variety of cell lines at once
- Able to identify and troubleshoot issues with cell cultures, for example, signs of over trypsinization, under- or over seeding, contamination (from bacteria, fungus, or even other cell lines), senescence
- Experience with large scale cell culture is a huge plus
- Comfortable with calculations necessary for determining cell doubling time, cell concentration, seeding density, molarity, etc.
- Effective multi-tasking and time management skills. Enjoys organizing individuals and projects
- Highly motivated, comfortable working in a results-oriented, fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Good oral and written communication skills