Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Summer 2021 Intern (May 26th, 2021 – August, 13th, 2021) to join our Environmental, Health & Safety Department in Orangeburg, NY.
- Work closely with Manufacturing leadership to develop JSA’s (Job Safety Analysis) and SOP’s (Safe Operating Procedures) including the preparation of related documents.
- Attend Engineering reviews, as a part of the NPI (New Product Introduction) process prior to the release of new products.
- Participate in day-to-day walkthroughs, compliance verifications, fielding of safety-related questions and concerns, etc.
- Selected intern will have the exciting opportunity to work on a large scale project developing an “EHS Calendar” including critical trainings and events in conjunction with EHS, Benefits, Human Resources, and Marketing.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, Applied Health Science, Public Health Management, or closely related field.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire internship period beginning May 26th, 2021 and ending August 13th, 2021.
- Must be commutable to and from the Orangeburg, NY area for the duration of the internship period.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams required
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the Occupational Health & Safety space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions