For the summer of 2022, Covestro’s Health and Environmental Safety (HES) teams are currently seeking an intern for our North American headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA that will last approximately 12 weeks. The work will be done within the HES arena (Industrial Hygiene (IH), Occupational Health (OH), Employee Wellness and Safety) areas.
Covestro strives to foster a positive, enriching, and productive work environment and provides multiple forms of training and professional development throughout the internship program. For the selected intern, the summer of 2022 should be challenging, rewarding and fun!
Responsibilities for the summer intern include:
· Utilizing the HES Software System
· Working with the HES network to create templates, questionnaires, and risk assessments in System according to the new procedures being implemented for Covestro and by external regulatory bodies
· Reports and interactions with HES Groups ensuring compliance with ACGIH , OSHA, DOT, and NIOSH
· Create Internal Flow Processes and To-do’s for HES in System
· Creating/reviewing current digital questionnaires and forms based from hard copies supplied
· Reviewing and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· Share Point updates ensuring classifications, and applicable internal directives
· Assisting in enhancement of Covid reporting/tracking capabilities
· Correct failed imports in software
· Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with a degree emphasis Occupational and Environmental Health
· Candidates at the undergraduate level must have completed their sophomore year of studies
· Minimum GPA of 3.0
· Minor in Computer Science or Information Science
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite 365, specifically Excel
· Knowledge SEQL
Knowledge & Skills:
· Ability to work both independently (once trained) and with a team
· Possess excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality
· Familiarity with OSHA, DOT, and NISOH regulations
· Detail oriented, fast learner, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.