COSCo International, Inc is a cosmetics and personal care manufacturing company in Greater Atlanta Region. We specialize in clean, innovative, and prestige formulas for skin care, body care, hair care, over the counter (OTC) products, and more. We are passionate about matching each client’s unique needs with the right products to successfully launch their own brand.
Here, you can begin your career in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical field as you advance your knowledge of the development and manufacturing process for private labels. Our normal operating hours are Monday – Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. However, we are willing to work around school schedules.
Lab Internship Overview
We are looking for someone who desire to learn about the Quality Control, Analytical Testing, and the R&D process of cosmetic, personal care, and pharmaceutical products. You will be working alongside experienced professionals who are accomplished chemists that also manage their own successful personal care and OTC brands. We offer a fast-pace, diverse company environment, passionate about developing individual engineering and scientific skills.
Life as a COSCo Lab Intern
COSCo’s Intern position will provide each individual with real-life, hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, networking opportunities, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various customer product lines throughout the country.
- This role requires you to work on site, transportation is the student’s responsibility
- Full time and part time are both available
- Pay rate is determined based on experience and knowledge.
- Base Pay starts at $14/ hour
- Overtime is available
- Full time interns will be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs, such as medical benefits, sick time, and holiday pay, in accordance with the employee handbook
- Record and monitor inventory for R&D and QC chemists
- Sample and test incoming raw materials that are received.
- Assist with retesting expired raw materials for validation of an extended expiry date
- Assist with outsourcing microbiological tests for all bulk products as well as finished OTC products, as needed.
- Calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Help maintain the collections of retain samples of raw materials and products and observe any changes.
- Participate in special projects and department meetings.
- Execute special projects alongside the senior chemists.
- Learn to maintain and operate analytical instrumentation, such as HPLC, GC-MS, FTIR, UV-Vis, pH meter, balances, and other analytical instruments
- Ensure work environment is clean and safe, complying with safety and pharmaceutical regulation.
- Learn how to conduct various analytical testing procedures as per manufacturing QC and SOPs.
- Develop an understanding of product specifications by studying consumer requirements, conferring with management and other laboratory staff
- Provide effective written communication of product or trend observations
- Presents test findings to colleagues and customers as needed
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Learn how to create and test formulas based on customer specifications.
- Science (Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or any other related science major)
- Pharmacology, PharmD, Psychology, Sociology
- Exercise Science, Food Science, Human Science/Development
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now, or in the future (ex. H1-B, F-1)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 is required
- Completion of Undergraduate Freshmen year at an accredited University is required
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills is required
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills are preferred
- Ability to balance multiple projects and initiatives while executing results
- Must be a self-starter works independently while contributing to the team goals