Compass Minerals is a leading provider of essential minerals. Our core purpose is to keep people safe, feed the world and enrich lives every day. We do this through producing salt for winter roadway safety as well as using salt for other consumer, industrial and agricultural uses. We also mine, manufacture and formulate specialized plant nutrition minerals that improve the quality and yield of crops.
Our corporate offices are based in Overland Park, KS but we are a global company with locations across the US, Canada, Brazil, and the UK. Our company has a rich history stretching back to 1844 but became publicly traded in 2003.
At Compass Minerals we are committed to creating a workplace that respects and values the diversity and inclusion of the people and communities around us and where employees can thrive and deliver high-performing, sustainable organizational success.
Compass Minerals is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our fast-paced world as Interns in the summer of 2021. In this position, you will collaborate directly with key members of our team while working on projects and tasks that will ensure you experience in a real-world business environment. You will be in charge of projects that will help you build your resume and develop stronger communication, time management, and organizational skills. You will put your analytical and technical skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project(s) that will teach you about the Legal functions on a high performing team, as well as contribute to the team’s success (and ultimately our customers).
- Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or master’s program in a Legal degree program or relevant filled.
- Rising Junior, Senior or Graduate students preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate reasoning
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has a self-starter attitude with a high level of motivation
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Evidence of leadership skills, working effectively with a team
- Ability to receive coaching and a desire to enhance learning
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
- High level of attention to detail while providing accurate data aligned with departmental standards
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity employer that hires and promotes the best candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, or veteran status.
If interested and qualified, please apply online at www.CompassMinerals.com