Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for working cross-functionally to collect data and develop models to determine trends utilizing a variety of data sources. Imports, cleans, transforms, or manipulates data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Begin your career with our 1-year, fast-paced Strategic Opportunities and Accelerated Rotations Program with Comcast at our Central Division Headquarters office in Atlanta. This exciting program will allow you to explore different areas and teams within our Business Analytics Department. In addition to your day-to-day work, you will gain exposure to business leaders and build a competitive professional skillset through monthly development sessions. Best of all, you have the benefit of accelerated placement upon completion of this program.
During each rotation, you will have opportunities in creating and delivering actionable insights that influence business decisions in the areas of strategy, business planning, competition, KPI development, and new/existing initiatives for analysis and operational optimization. Collective learning and developmental opportunities delivered through a comprehensive curriculum will serve as ongoing building blocks to further your professional acumen.
- Conduct advanced analysis based on provided requirements, utilizing extremely large datasets and complex business requirements that typically involves multiple analytical techniques to drive meaningful change on KPIs and objectives established by the stakeholder.
- Incorporate provided methodology and baselining, showing independence for projects that are a refresh or similar in scope to past team projects. Know what technical tool to use.
- Gather data through basic SQL or relational database querying, understanding what is necessary for scripts to return relevant data and incorporating basic performance tuning and best practices
- Demonstrate ownership in data gathering source choices and methodology
- Execute base standard validation on all work
- Partner with DQ/architecture to ensure basic ingests/automations are structured in a way to meet the business goal
- Produces collection of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results in an easy to understand and storied manner and align with business needs. Maintain a focus on flow and context, ensuring analysis provides insights that tie to visuals and speaks to drivers and business strategy shifts where appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly identify key insights through written communication within analysis
- Develop appropriate visuals for standard KPIs, recommending the best platform and design to answer the business need
- Review and polish analysis through iterative development, focusing on word choice, grammar and brand standards as well as participating in peer reviews
- Understands meeting etiquette, following guidance on when to make comments or ask questions with stakeholders
- Confidently and respectfully responds to leader and/or stakeholder feedback in presentation
- Understands presentation messaging and how it targets a specific audience
- Communicates methodology and technical elements clearly and concisely
- Displays business acumen by understanding how requirements are rooted in recent or expected business performance
- Learns and understands recent performance trending of primary business area KPIs.
- Shows expertise by confidently speaking to data resources and KPI components within analysis
- Can tie related KPI performance within analysis and identify co-dependent KPIs
- Understands the importance, and basic elements, of project planning, and can create plan independently for familiar tasks
- Follows project plan and communicates progress/roadblocks proactively; understands and respects project timeline and requirements for different types of documentation.
- Participates in relevant SME and POC reviews with leader, understanding buy-in and alignment
- Daily utilization of JIRA for tracking all tasks and projects.
- Supports all department objectives and participate in work streams, processes, training, etc., as appropriate.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Business required
- Field of Study: Business, Business Intelligence, Information Systems, Information Sciences, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics
- Graduation date must be between December 2020 and May 2021
- 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA preferred
- Prior exposure to the business analytics field through internships or work experience
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Basic SQL and/or Teradata highly preferred
- Basic Tableau and/or Power BI preferred
- Basic Understanding of Data Models preferred
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality—to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the benefits summary on our careers site for more details.