Location: Thomasville, GA (greater Tallahassee, FL area)
The Project Engineer is accountable for the successful development, execution and completion of multiple major projects achieving objectives to include deliverables, schedule, and coordination of equipment from multiple Cleaver-Brooks (C-B) facilities. Develop and manage the projects through the system from order entry through start-up to ensure their successful completion per required regulations and within established time and budget parameters.
This position is responsible for direction of all activities beyond the typical processes that require completion on a standard project. This includes the primary point of contact between C-B facilities representatives, and customers ensuring effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all participants.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities from multiple sources and hierarchy.
- Clear understanding of industrial processes, piping, equipment, instrumentation, etc.
- Assist Order Entry & Submittals groups with functions on projects along with the mediation of the technical reviews and comments.
- Communicate technical and/or design information to provide specifications or assistance to customers, representatives and internal departments.
- Evaluate the orders entered to ensure that adders are properly implemented and included on the final product.
- Provide schedule and status updates to all project participants.
- Provides technical direction to others on current and past projects, seeking out the answers required.
- May act as the location decision source on assigned projects; must exercise decision making and problem solving skills in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Functions as the focal point for technical/operating safety requirements on the projects line and ensures effective communication of those requirements.
- Communicates assignment status to supervisors, and may participate in presentations to senior management or customers.
- Provides technical assistance to other internal departments. Participates in both internal and external problem resolution, as it relates to issues that may arise.
- Provides sales support, as needed, to outside customers, representatives and internal personnel for large project proposals.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and the ability to understand computer design equipment and programs in order to perform complex design and evaluation tasks.
- Basic AutoCAD operation to occasionally modify drawings and documents.
- Apply intellect, creativity, adaptability, judgment, and management skills to achieve required results.
- Ensure duties and company projects are accomplished in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Support peers and management with internal and external projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
Three or more years in an industrial engineering environment.
Approximately 15% travel; traveling to other C-B sites, customer visits, etc.
Physical Skill and Effort:
Mostly an office environment, but occasional site visits and work requiring infrequent physical effort.
Working Conditions and Hazards:
Normal plant, shop, field or office conditions. From time to time, slightly disagreeable features. Negligible/little or no exposure.
Benefits of Being a Cleaver-Brooks Employee:
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, wellness benefits, life insurance, short term and long term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, generous vacation and 11 paid holidays.
Who is Cleaver-Brooks:
Cleaver-Brooks is the market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. We lead the boiler/burner industry due to our unmatched distribution network’s ability to deliver the knowledge, service, training and support that are essential to long-term performance. Our customers will tell you that we’re the only equipment provider that manufactures boilers, burners, controls, and a full array of ancillary and aftermarket products. They’ll also mention that our unique single-source capability means that we can deliver fully integrated boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. It is our focus on products that deliver the most efficient, reliable, safe and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiate us in the marketplace. Cleaver-Brooks continues an 80+ year legacy of providing the customers we serve with extraordinary products designed to deliver unsurpassed performance through the power of commitment.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.