Full-Time Position with Clean Fuels Ohio
Title: Outreach and Organizing Manager, Drive Electric Ohio
Application Deadline: November 15, 2021
(Candidates will be considered as they apply)
Overview: Clean Fuels Ohio is hiring a talented, energetic self-starter and team member to serve as the Outreach and Organizing Manager of our Drive Electric Ohio (DEO) program. The goal of DEO is to increase adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) throughout Ohio. Our strategy involves developing and supporting affiliated, locally-based EV education and advocacy groups throughout Ohio and working with them to conduct consumer education activities, encourage development of EV charging, and address local and state policy. The strategy also includes engaging community partners to grow the diversity of the EV advocacy group members and inclusivity of the audiences reached, as well as working with wider stakeholders such as auto dealerships, utilities, utility regulators, and government leaders on EV-related policy and market issues.
About Clean Fuels Ohio: Clean Fuels Ohio is a statewide nonprofit organization based in Columbus, Ohio. Our mission is to improve air quality and health, reduce environmental pollution, and strengthen Ohio’s economy by increasing use of cleaner, domestic fuels, and energy-saving vehicles.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or greater strongly preferred;
- At least one year or electoral campaign cycle working with grassroots organizations or volunteers – especially in building and mobilizing volunteer organizations to conduct public outreach, organize events, and advocate on issues;
- Strong concern for a sustainable environment and/or interest in advanced technologies;
- Strong social media skills;
- Strong planning, organization, and leadership skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to work well with a team and to develop, lead, and support teams;
- Willingness to travel extensively within Ohio and to work on select evenings and weekends to support events;
- Basic familiarity with EVs, including available vehicles, charging, market barriers, environmental and economic benefits a plus.
- Support and strengthen seven existing local Drive Electric chapters through diverse member recruitment, support chapter leadership development, support small meeting and larger-scale event planning focused on inclusive audiences, engage chapter support for advocacy and more;
- Identify and reach out to other grassroots organizations to support Drive Electric chapters
- Train and mobilize Drive Electric chapters to engage community partners in support of EV and EV charging deployment and equity outcomes related to EV access
- Engage auto dealerships in support for Drive Electric chapter activities;
- Facilitate relationships between auto dealerships and Drive Electric chapters;
- Track and report on program activities and maintain program database;
- Prepare agendas, PowerPoints, and other materials for meetings with outside partners;
- Perform additional activities as needed to support the DEO program and Clean Fuels Ohio as a team member.
Location: 3240 W. Henderson Rd., Ste. A, Columbus, OH 43220
Salary: $42,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience (benefits available)
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume by email to Kate Von Bargen: Kate@cleanfuelsohio.org.