– At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through faster, more accurate molecular diagnostic tests. Our innovative products are increasing opportunities to improve patient survival and quality of life, by enabling medical providers to identify and manage diseases early.
Our mission is to deliver a better way to improve patient outcomes by enabling access to molecular diagnostic testing everywhere. Whether testing for COVID-19 in a hospital lab in New York City, for tuberculosis in a mobile clinic in Botswana, or for CT/NG in an OB/GYN practice in Madrid, Cepheid is positively impacting the quality of patient care and saving lives every day. Make a difference and join us on this mission!
About the Summer Internship Program:
– Our internship opportunities are the gateway for your entry into the exciting world of molecular diagnostics by enabling you to put your academic training and passion to work for a global company whose products impact health care every day.
As an intern, you’ll be part of a team developing rapid groundbreaking solutions for the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics – from ideation and innovation through development and delivery of life-changing advancements in healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology and oncology applications. It takes people willing to bring their whole selves to work, operating with imagination, with initiative and achieving more than they ever thought possible.
About the Department:
– Our Legal Department provides proactive, timely, practical legal advice to our business stakeholders on such areas including intellectual property, contracts, compliance, regulatory, privacy, cybersecurity law, among others.
During this internship, you will have an opportunity to work side by side with in-house privacy professionals, lawyers and other legal professionals, as well as our business partners on a range of projects that will support Cepheid in the area of data privacy.
This Intern Will Work:
– Hybrid (part-time on-site and part-time remote) or full-time remote
If Hybrid, the Cepheid office is located in:
– Sunnyvale, CA
– Prefer student who is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year law student at an ABA-accredited law school, or enrolled in an ABA-approved paralegal program
– Also open to students outside of a formal law program, but with an interest in a profession in data privacy
– Top academic performance
– Strong interest in data privacy law
– Prefer a candidate that has demonstrated a commitment to diversity & inclusion
– Strong research and analytical skills, sound judgment and innovative thinking
– Strong organization ability and attention to detail
– Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a team of diverse individuals
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Highly productive with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
– Any associate who will be working with biohazardous materials or those who are required to work where others are using biohazardous materials, will be required to complete training for Cepheid’s Biosafety and Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan. They also need to be vaccinated against the hepatitis B virus, or show proof of having successfully completed the Hepatitis B Vaccination. This is a condition of accepting employment.
– For associates who are not vaccinated, Cepheid will schedule the vaccination with our occupational health clinic. They must receive the first dose before being granted access to any BSL-2 lab.
– Hiring managers and Cepheid’s Biosafety Officer will determine which internships fall under this requirement.