– At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through faster, more accurate molecular diagnostic tests. Our innovative products are increasing opportunities to improve patient survival and quality of life, by enabling medical providers to identify and manage diseases early.
Our mission is to deliver a better way to improve patient outcomes by enabling access to molecular diagnostic testing everywhere. Whether testing for COVID-19 in a hospital lab in New York City, for tuberculosis in a mobile clinic in Botswana, or for CT/NG in an OB/GYN practice in Madrid, Cepheid is positively impacting the quality of patient care and saving lives every day. Make a difference and join us on this mission!
About the Summer Internship Program:
– Our internship opportunities are the gateway for your entry into the exciting world of molecular diagnostics by enabling you to put your academic training and passion to work for a global company whose products impact health care every day.
As an intern, you’ll be part of a team developing rapid groundbreaking solutions for the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics – from ideation and innovation through development and delivery of life-changing advancements in healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology and oncology applications. It takes people willing to bring their whole selves to work, operating with imagination, with initiative and achieving more than they ever thought possible.
About the Department:
– Our Government Affairs team is our mitigating voice between our customers’ needs, the political landscape, and our external stakeholders. We collaborate very closely with our Commercial, Marketing, and Scientific Affairs Teams, along with federal and state legislators to ensure access to diagnostic testing that meets or exceeds our customer’s needs.
– During this internship, you will have an opportunity to engage in reimbursement and coverage policy, as well as see the foundation of public and health policy take place at the federal, state, and global levels.
This Intern Will Work:
– Completely remote
– Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Political Science, Public Health (Health Policy Concentration), Economics; Preferred Undergraduate or Graduate Degree (MPP, MPH, MS in Health Sciences); PhD;
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
– Strong communication and presentation skills; Ability to work as a team
– No prior internship experience required
– No physical requirements
– Any associate who will be working with biohazardous materials or those who are required to work where others are using biohazardous materials, will be required to complete training for Cepheid’s Biosafety and Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan. They also need to be vaccinated against the hepatitis B virus, or show proof of having successfully completed the Hepatitis B Vaccination. This is a condition of accepting employment.
– For associates who are not vaccinated, Cepheid will schedule the vaccination with our occupational health clinic. They must receive the first dose before being granted access to any BSL-2 lab.
– Hiring managers and Cepheid’s Biosafety Officer will determine which internships fall under this requirement.