About the role:
As a Student Trainee (Actuarial Sciences), you will work under the general supervision of a Division Director and provide support to team members who perform actuarial, economic, and demographic studies to estimate CMS program expenditures.
What you’ll do:
- Perform basic mathematical computations of experimental of other types of data to a form suitable to support higher-graded actuaries’ development of cost estimates, health expenditure analyses, and financial status evaluations.
- Prepare graphs, spreadsheets, or other materials used to communicate the results of mathematical computations and the findings of statistical analyses.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply for this position.
- You must possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- You will be subject to a background and suitability investigation.
- You must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement before starting employment.
- You must be 16 years old to be employed by the Federal government.
- Applicants who graduate college at the conclusion of the Spring 2022 semester may only be considered if they remain enrolled and are also accepted for enrollment for the Summer 2022 or Fall 2022 semester.
- GS-03: Completion of 1 full academic year of education above high school. One full academic year post high-school is defined as 30 credits for degrees that require a total of 120 semester hours or 90 quarter hours for degrees that require a total of 180 quarter hours.
- GS-04: Completion of 2 full academic years of education above high school OR an Associate’s or equivalent degree. Two full academic years post high-school is defined as 60 credits for degrees that require a total of 120 semester hours or 90 quarter hours for degrees that require a total of 180 quarter hours.
TRANSCRIPTS are required at the time of application to verify satisfactory completion of education as part of the program eligibility and qualification requirements. You must submit an unofficial transcript from your Institution attesting to your possession of the required education. All unofficial transcripts must include the following: current overall GPA, enrollment status, major, and the number of credits for each course. If you do not submit a transcript indicating your possession of the required education, you will not be considered for this position.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
To see the full list of qualifications and eligibility criteria, click apply to review the job announcement on USAJOBS.
Apply by 10/27/21!