POSITION: Real Estate Investment Intern (non-exempt / hourly)
Compensation: $15-20/hour DOE,bi-weekly per the Cardinal Group Companies payroll calendar
POSITION SUMMARY: The Real Estate Investment Intern will have the opportunity to learn and grow by working across departments at Cardinal Group Investments (CGI), including acquisitions, development, asset management and capital markets. Through supporting the various teams within CGI, the candidate will have the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned in school, while acquiring valuable real-world experience at a best-in-class, institutional-level organization.
CARDINAL GROUP: Cardinal Group Companies is a Denver-based vertically integrated real estate investment, development, management, construction, and marketing firm focused on student housing and multifamily throughout the U.S. Cardinal is one of the largest owners and operators of student housing throughout the country with over 80,000 beds under management and nearly 2,000 team members across more than 40 states. Cardinal was founded on its Core Values and is committed to being the best place to work, for anyone, anywhere and has been recognized 6X as a Best Place to Work in Denver.
Cardinal Group Investments (CGI) is Cardinal’s private equity real estate investment and development arm with $1.5B+ in assets under management and growing. CGI’s strategy is focused primarily on investing in value-add student housing and conventional multifamily nationwide with institutional investors through funds, separate accounts, and joint ventures. The candidate will work exclusively on CGI owned assets and will have regular interaction with the acquisitions, asset management and capital markets teams, including senior leadership.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to)
- Perform market research evaluating macro market trends, individual market dynamics and property specific comparables.
- Assemble financial data to report on performance and help design and build enhanced reporting using business intelligence platforms.
- Draft presentations and memos on the existing portfolio assets, new acquisitions, research and company pitch materials.
- Assist in transaction management.
- Assist in analysis, drafting and execution of business plans across the portfolio and for new acquisitions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in real estate, business or a related field.
- An interest in the commercial real estate industry with a passion for knowledge and growth.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and gSuite.
- 12-month commitment. This is a year-round position with the goal of being fully immersed as part of the investment team and an opportunity to dive deeper than a typical summer program.
- 15-20 hours per week
LOCATION: Cardinal’s Denver HQ located at 4100 E. Mississippi Ave. Remote work options available on a limited basis at the manager’s discretion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbents work in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, or squat. The Team Member is often required to sit. The Team Member must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver office products and supplies of up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their Team Leader.