CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Interior Designer based in our St. Louis office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be part of a fully integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers and specialists working on a wide range of design projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in the design and documentation of interior spaces to include drawing of floor plans, selection of finishes, pattern plans, elevations, details, room and room finishes.
- Participate in the development of interior architectural solutions in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team through all project phases; programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
- Provide assistance to the project team in the selection or consideration and choice of interior finishes and materials.
- Produce drawings and perform support functions as directed in conformance with project time, cost and quality constraints.
- Assist in presentation documents and preparing renderings.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture by hire date. Master in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture preferred.
- Previous related internship experience preferred.
- Strong creative design portfolio as well as strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and multi-tasking skills a must.
- Proficiency with Revit, Rhino, 3D Max and Adobe Suite required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.