Each year we welcome about 25 new members into the community who become integrated into all aspects of life here in the village. Residents participate in many activities including homemaking, crafts, and agriculture, with the opportunity to focus on what they are most passionate about.
All of our community positions are fully supported volunteer positions including free room and board and other benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Volunteers are responsible for the well-being of those they live and work with. This could include:
- Cooking meals
- Cleaning common spaces
- Emotional support
- Personal care
- Joining housemates in social outings
- Participating in house meetings
- Leading or supporting one of the craft or farming groups
Agricultural and craft crews include:
- Our vegetable CSA, raw milk dairy farm, herb garden, orchard, and grounds/forestry crew
- Handcrafts such as weaving, fiber arts, ceramics and mosaics
- Bakery and cafe
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License helpful but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform well in environment that requires compassion, helpfulness, patience, and resourcefulness
- Willingness to learn
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Private room in one of our lifesharing houses
- Room and board (utilities and wifi included)
- Farm-fresh meals
- Monthly stipend for year-long volunteers
- Assistance with medical expenses (after 3 months)
- Assistance with student loan debt
- Access to village vehicles, gas and insurance provided
- Educational opportunities including conferences and workshops
- Three weeks of vacation per year.
We ask for a one year commitment – with the opportunity to stay on if it’s a good match!
How to apply:
Download an application from our website (https://www.camphillkimberton.org/live-in-volunteer) or apply online at https://www.camphill.org/apply/. Feel free to call or email us with any questions: (610) 935-3963 or email@example.com.
See us in action!