Title: Camp Summit Fellow Program: Camper Relations
May – November
Healthcare Supervisor, Camp Director
Provide programmatic, and camper care support for a camp serving children and adults with physical and developmental disabilities, while learning lessons of camp leadership and administration.
· Be 18 years or older.
· At least 1 seasonal staff or volunteer opportunity fulfilled at Camp Summit.
· Knowledge of camper care and a knowledge or experience with a variety of disabilities desired.
- Extensive experience in the operations of camping programs as staff; camper personal care preferred.
- Experience working with children in a supervised environment.
- Organized with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong leadership skills; experience in supervising and training preferred.
- Emotionally mature, willing to accept responsibility.
- Exhibit the ability to place the needs of the campers and the camp above their own.
- Team player that can relate positively to all staff, volunteers, and campers.
- Be in good health, vitality, and physical stamina.
· Serve as host and Fellow staff for overnight and day programs at Camp Summit.
- Coordinate camper care providing supervision of program seasonal staff.
- Recruit and assign staff and volunteers for all non-seasonal programs (off season)
- Maintain all camper paperwork through camp brain and other forms caregivers submit.
- Develop or Create camper care areas to further Camp Summit’s mission through research and training of seasonal staff.
- Facilitate program activities for partner rental and acorn groups when needed.
- Maintain a positive relationship with staff members, parents, and rental groups.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the community and vendors.
- Assist in the functions of other departments including housekeeping, kitchen, maintenance, and the Dallas corporate office.
- Assume all other duties and assignments deemed appropriate by the Health care supervisor and Camp Director.
· Assist with administrative support
· Assist in the creation and implementation weekly schedules for groups and staff
· Assist in the development of off season or non-weeklong programs
· Assist in the hiring, training and supervision of camp program staff and volunteers.
· Coordinate volunteer support at camps.
· Assist with Development Events and Projects as needed.
· Assist with Camp Summit sponsored programs like Camp 2 Go and any others
· Be able to train staff in a camper care and disabilities.
- Visually observe the assigned staff in performance of their duties, as well as the behavior of campers in their care and be able to provide guidance as needed.
- Visually identify hazards in the camp operation and respond appropriately.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid.