Fully Remote – To protect the health and safety of our employees, our offices are closed. When our offices reopen, the organization will be moving to a hybrid work model.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Products and Funds Legal intern will work on a team that prepares and oversees SEC filings for registered and variable life insurance and annuity products and assist on investment advisory matters connected to the Brighthouse Funds. This work will help Brighthouse Financial maintain and sell life insurance and annuity products.
What can you expect from an internship with Brighthouse Financial:
- Practical application and skill development at a FORTUNE 500 company
- Learning and development opportunities offered throughout the program
- Networking opportunities with senior executives
- Community service events
- $23/hour pay; 35-40 hour work weeks (with the exception of holiday weeks)
- 10 week summer program: 5/31/2022 to 8/5/2022
- Research issues related to registered and variable life insurance and annuity products
- Assist the attorneys and paralegals with preparing registration statements and prospectus supplements
- Research issues related to the Brighthouse Funds
- Assist the attorneys and paralegals with preparing materials for the Brighthouse Funds Board Meetings
- Assist the Products and Funds Legal team with other corporate legal matters as needed
Desired Profile and Technical Skills:
- Sophomores and Juniors studying Pre-Law or those with an interest in the law. Seniors planning to attend grad school are also eligible.
- Strong organizational skills
- A team player