Interns working in Medical Education support many of our global commercial products by working on projects such as: clinical publication practices, educational programs and website analytics, grant investment spend analysis, digital education modules, and physician training programs.
As a Medical Education Internship at Boston Scientific, you will…
- Writing Workshop: overview of publication practices, exposure to reading writing/scientific communications, article reviews, intro to abstracts.
- Work with the Medical Education and Training team to:
- support development & execution of physician training programs, exposure to simulators and anatomical models for skills training.
- assist with content development for digital education modules.
- develop social media and communications for the EDUCARE educational website and Medical Education programs. Analyze pre and post metrics, write communications, learn Marketing Cloud.
- opportunity to assist with hands-on training opportunities at scientific meetings or BSC sponsored training programs, interacting with physician faculty.
Examples of meaningful work by Medical Education and Medical Affairs Internship:
- Conduct financial spend analyses for Educational Grants, Investigator Sponsored Research, and Medical Education Programs.
- Interact with various cross functional team members (Marketing, Sales) to assist in project deliverables.
- Present project status and outcomes (presentation skills development) to the Med Ed and Med Affairs teams.
- Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Science or Healthcare related field (Scientific, Engineering, Math, Communication, Nursing, and Allied Health Psychology majors preferred)
- Displays unwavering initiative to proactively meet deadlines and complete tasks related to a project
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while managing multiple priorities
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Display basic understanding of data collection, analysis and interpretation tools, techniques and outcomes
- Ability to translate technical information into clearly written documents
- Quick learner, self-motivated, independent worker
- Strong computer, word processing, PowerPoint and database skills
Quality System Requirements:
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
About Boston Scientific:
Boston Scientific is dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. Our products are used to help diagnose or treat complex diseases and conditions across multiple fields: cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, neurological, urological and pelvic health.
Science advances when everyone can
At Boston Scientific, diversity is about embracing our increasingly intercultural world and fostering an environment of inclusion, equity and opportunity for all. Read Beyond Talk: Taking Action to Achieve Meaningful Change to learn more about what we’re doing to address systemic racism and unconscious bias in our workplace and in our communities.