Bloomscape is a Direct to Consumer plant brand with a mission to become the simplest source in the world for buying and enjoying quality plants. Plants nourish our living spaces in a way that’s deeply vital and increasingly necessary in our modern lifestyles. By completely changing the way people buy and experience plants in every area of the home and garden, our big vision is to make Bloomscape the most recognized brand in plants.
Our growers are vital to our success. From the quality of the plants grown to the way the product is packaged and shipped, we need to form strong relationships with growers that have a strong track record but are also willing to try new things. Bloomscape is looking to build long-lasting partnerships with high-quality and innovative growers.
Bloomscape is seeking to hire a dynamic, task-oriented individual to support our indoor foliage plant buying. The Associate Plant Buyer will play an integral role on the Bloomscape Plant program team. Day to day responsibilities include plant purchasing and managing relationships with suppliers. Plant purchasing will involve immediate needs as well as contract production to ensure adequate supply to support sales projections. Bloomscape crop specifications must be communicated to suppliers and regular visits are critical to ensure crops are within specs.
The Bloomscape Associate Plant Buyer must be obsessed with detail and well-run processes. Plants are at the core of Bloomscape business and top quality and consistent supply are vital to its success. We are looking for an innovative and resourceful team player. The work will involve travel, be fast-paced, engaging, and diverse. This person should be driven, self-motivated, and always excited for a challenge.
Bloomscape is a start-up and we’re proud to be growing exponentially fast, so we need someone who can keep up. We are looking for a person with initiative, is self-motivated, and a tough but fair negotiator.
- Execute indoor plant buying from growers in Central Florida.
- Assist in buying from North/Central Florida.
- Communicate Bloomscape plant specs with suppliers and ensure the products they ship meet or exceed the specs.
- Communicate with Senior Plant Buyer about current market plant specs due to supply and demand issues.
- Submit weekly trip reports to Senior Plant Buyer
- Negotiate the best cost/value possible.
- Assist in coordinating plant consolidation shipping to GDC’s.
- Maintain developed relationships with suppliers so Bloomscape is their preferred customer.
- Assist in solving any crop or shipping issues.
- Utilize Bloomscape PO system and Receiving sheet for all purchases made and match to all applicable plant invoices.
- Strong relationship skills to build trust and confidence with our growers.
- Routine inspection of outgoing plants ordered from growers before shipping.
- Roll up your sleeves and execute on any day-to-day operations that will help us hit our goals.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of the foliage plant industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship skills to build trust and confidence with our growers
- Highly organized; process, task, and detail-oriented
- Quick to learn new systems and programs
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on their own
- Versatile and flexible
- A practical person with excellent prioritization and skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Previous startup and/or e-commerce experience, a plus
- Committed employee with a passion for plants and the Bloomscape brand
Bloomscape is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate inclusivity and are committed to building a diverse team.