Blackpeak (an ION/Acuris company) is an international investigative research and risk advisory firm dedicated to uncovering critical risk-related information for our clients worldwide. We are looking for a junior Due Diligence Researcher, who will primarily assist the US offices with English-language reputational due diligence projects. This is a permanent, full-time position that can be based in Washington DC or New York City.
Specifically, you will conduct research and analysis through desktop and database research and produce high quality written reports, under the supervision of Blackpeak’s senior management team. You will be expected to be able to carry out intensive research (both primary and secondary) and analysis of large amounts of data and then assess accuracy, reliability, and relevance.
We are looking for bright, inquisitive, and self-driven individuals who are looking to start their careers in investigative research and risk consulting. You will receive extensive training and mentoring that will familiarize you with industry practices and advanced research methodologies. In addition to due diligence research, you will also be exposed to other types of Blackpeak projects and will have opportunities to contribute to them in due course.
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements, please apply and include your resume and a brief cover letter, describing a time that you displayed research tenacity.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Many educational backgrounds are potentially relevant, including Journalism, English, International Relations, History, Political Science, Communications, Philosophy, Pre-Law, Business, Economics, Accounting and others
- Prior internship experience in due diligence research, background check research or compliance-driven research strongly preferred, however other internships/experience with significant research and writing will be considered
- Intellectual curiosity and research tenacity. Must love digging deep to answer a question, solve a puzzle, or understand a thorny problem
- Discretion, good judgment, and the ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with basic business concepts is helpful (e.g. balance sheets, basic accounting, the functioning of capital markets, etc.)
- Must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)
WHO WE ARE
Blackpeak is an international investigative research and risk advisory firm. We specialize in investigative due diligence, business intelligence research, political risk analysis, screening, and investigations and security.
Blackpeak’s founders and managers are professionals from the risk advisory, corporate finance, and investment sectors. We select our analysts from a wide range of professional and academic backgrounds for their persistent curiosity, attention to detail, and analytical ability.
Founded in Asia, the firm now operates from strategic locations in key financial and political centers, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, New York, Washington DC and London.
In 2019, Blackpeak was acquired by Acuris, a provider of global data, intelligence, research and analysis. Acuris is owned by ION Investment Group, a provider of mission-critical trading and workflow solutions to financial institutions, central banks, governments and corporations.
WHAT WE DO
We make our clients more successful by finding and analyzing information that protects them and informs them, whether as part of a transaction or during everyday operations.
We provide whatever risk mitigation services our clients need, from fast and efficient background checks on individuals, to comprehensive risk analyses of businesses, sectors and countries, to meticulous investigations into highly complex frauds. Our carefully edited reports are used by deal teams, compliance heads, security officers, legal counsel, executive management and company boards.
Blackpeak has built its business and reputation by an uncompromising focus on quality, maintaining the highest standards of integrity in how we conduct our work, and treating our clients and staff with the utmost respect.